Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why Blackout?

Oh ya, I have forgotten to write why this blog is named as "Blackout"!

Hubby mentioned that I kept choosing everything in black. We will have black cabinets for our kitchen, black lights in our MBR, black and red theme for our MBR, even our wardrobe in the MBR has black sliding doors. Think hubby couldn't take it and told me "The whole house like blackout! If I want to find a bright area to sleep, I must go to the living room and sleep on the sofa!" (Think he is used to sleeping in a bright-toned room with the tv on!)

Guess that he has no choice since he has made me the CHIEF DESIGNER for the house! So I will make all the choices for colours!! : P

I am tellingl him right here > According to an interior design website, black in accessories, light fixtures, trims, paint, or in one bold piece of furniture will help to catch the eye and sharpen any decorating scheme. It will serve as an outline that sets off specific areas or objects. Black by itself is striking!

Dedicating these pics i found online for hubby (Aren't they nice? They all look good with black! ... oh ya .. and with red too for the MBR) :






No comments: