Sunday, June 21, 2009

Almost There ...

Yippy! Our house is almost ready. The lights will be up by next week as well as the walk-in closet and kitchen cabinets!

Presenting to you the colors I have chosen for the house (not all areas have been painted yet):

Decided that there are other colours in this world besides black. Haha...

Layout of House with painting colors draft

Living Room : Dulux ICI - Granite - AL20904 (Dulux All)

Guest Room : Dulux ICI - Lime Fizz: WW23567L (Wash & Wear)

MBR : Dulux ICI - Cherry - WW24703L (Wash & Wear)

I think my traditional-thinking contractor couldn't believe his eyes after he saw the works of the painter. Made a funny remark to me "Wah! Your house's colors very dark hor? Saw your room - dark red. Got a shock! Big red, big fortune issit?" Haha, but I really love the effect of the bold colours.

Anyway, my painter did a really good and thorough job. If anyone wants the contact details of my painter, you can drop me an email for it.


Oh by the way, Dulux ICI has a very good website for you to visualise whether the colors you have chosen will fit your house before you paint the walls. The website has three areas for you to choose - living room , dining room and bedroom. You can choose a photo which looks most like your room and then choose a color to fit it. Likewise for Nippon Paint. Brilliant idea for those who do not know how to photoshop their own photos! My two cents...

No comments: